Monday, April 02, 2012

"Worst Thing You Can Do"

This is a visual to go with my last rant. 

The bravado exterior of a killer. The conscience wrestling with its self. I am not part of the lynch mob. Maybe I'm too self centered. However, I'm pestered not by outrage (there is a justice system in place, and I believe the wheels are turning as I write this), but until the system takes action (and it will) I am hectored by my curiosity. Is the shooter conflicted? or is he a socio-path? Does he feel any remorse? I have toyed with the questions on Facebook, but when I do I am pounced upon like Jean Jaurès if I suggest cooler thinking must prevail over vigilantism; I am pounced upon by my left of center to reactionary bone headed far left "friends" who should know better because we are liberals and we see both sides of an issue.

So I tried to make an obtuse (or abstruse) point by using Camtasia to capture this from the film "The Thin Red Line". I didn't receive a comment. I didn't explain much either. Just ran it up the flag pole. Nobody saluted it.

5 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

Some of us (me) struggle enough as it is with violent thoughts (not physical violence, but their intellectual cousins - disgust, contempt, et cetera) and choose to walk the other way when the question of killing pops up. I don't want to be steeped in fury. I'm not sure I could go into that territory objectively.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Booda, I try to be objective, I feel obligated to be. But my opinions are subjected to reality beyond my control.

If the traffic is tied up in my lane because up ahead there is a three car smash up, I will try to keep a cool head and do my part like if an ambulance is trying to weave through the back-up of cars, and I see it a 'coming in my rearview mirror--I will get involved. Do my part. I'll try to inch myself over and get out of its way. But if I'm in the other lane, and the traffic there too is bumper-to-bumper only because up ahead morons have slowed down to to gape and gawk, I'm noticeably outraged. I'll motherfuckers this and assholes that, and bang my palms on the steering wheel. Where's the good in that?

I try to be objective but feelings trump intellect. I suppose.

6:28 AM  
Blogger booda baby said...

Well. In the absence of another post, I might as well reply to this one again. :)

Traffic is doesn't count. How could you not flip out at all the inconsiderate, oblivious and clearly stupid drivers. How could you not unleash the power of the profane. Hm? (I'm not sure I could drive without the profanity. It's like bringing along a co-pilot. Who swears bucketloads. )

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

A not-so-distant cousin of violence, and an indication that if we all had a rocket launchers as an extra, like GPS and Syrus radio, we'd all maintain lane integrity and politely be very cautious when some asshole tail gates or cuts us off or refuses to allow us to merge. And if we're strolling through a neighborhood at night and some jackass unleashes profanities and comes chasing after us hollering "freeze", we'd better freeze, disengage say sorry sir or madam,keep a wide berth if possible. Some people tailgate, cut us off, and refuse to let us merge even if we honk, smile and point and humbly ask for forgiveness if the other driver obliges and let's us in. But fuck if I'm going to humble or humiliate myself and cow tow to assholes. Shoot me motherfucker! I dare you.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home